Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Next Off the List

We did our gingerbread house today.  Lots of fun, too much sugar consumption  and an almost 2 year old doesn't get the idea that these candies and treats are not all for eating. There were a few stressful moments.  My plan to be unstressed and calm this holiday was tossed when the crazy house wouldn't stay standing...  I think the icing in the kit was a little too runny (maybe I should go back to homemade, I still have the creme of tartar, does it go bad?)  The windows kind of look like a haunted house and some of the candies were sliding down.  Notice on the first picture all the "helps" our little house needed to stay up, this pic was taken after it had completely fallen down once.  (I think I thought some bad words, but I don't think I said them out loud)  Brady was trying to be helpful, but at that moment I didn't want his help, I decided to "let" him play outside (in -35) for a few minutes.  So I rigged up the "helps"  and let it set while we went out for our annual Christmas Light Ride. I think the finished product turned pretty good!  Now our ride was much calmer and even relaxing.  Christmas music playing on the radio, a nice warm car and 3 kids strapped in tight.  We saw Candy Cane Lane, Polar Bear Place, and Reindeer Run Drive.  Wow 2 things off the list in one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment