Friday, October 3, 2008

My Son, the Sweetheart

Today Brady made me SOOO proud... it was Book Sale day at school, the grade sixers were selling used books for 25 cents a piece, so Brady brought the loonie and a couple of quarters that I "paid" him for cleaning his room and bringing in the recycling bin from the back lane.  He bought a Dora book for his sister (so thoughtful!) and some truck books for himself.  A buddy of his had forgotten his backpack at home today and therefore his loonies were forgotten as well, so my sweet little guy gave his loonie to the buddy!   While walking home with the buddy and buddy's mom, the mom told Brady what a good friend he was and Brady didn't know whether to say "Thank you" for the compliment or "You're welcome" for the being a good friend!  His buddy had only bought one book with the loonie from Brady, so he proudly showed his mom the change he got back!  Sweet deal!  After Brady was given his change back I took him to the mall to buy a big gumball with his "moose money" and I told him that Jesus was proud of him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment