Friday, September 5, 2008

September Start Up (Boy Child)




It's Brady's turn to start school.  Today was his first day of Kindergarten.  He was so excited, he was up just after 7 am and came bounding down the stairs with a big smile on his face, although this is pretty normal wake up routine for him, he is a morning person... like his dad (NOT his mom).  We
 walked to school and he kissed me (3x's), kissed Nicole (4x's) and gave Jayme a hug (only one).  He went in, looked back and waved and that was that!  That was when MY tears started, I knew he was ready, I knew he was excited and I knew he would be absolutely fine, but for some reason I still cried.  I didn't think I would miss him, because truthfully I am kind of looking forward to some time with just Nicole and well, he is busy and I could use that break from him!  But still, it's a change and my sweet little guy is entering into the whole new world of public schools and it will be different now forever.  OK I'm welling up again now.  When I got him at lunch time, I got the biggest hug and the tightest squeeze, and that made me feel so good.  He had a great morning... they went on a tour of the school, got to run around the gym two times, got to go to Music (the teacher is pretty - score) , listened to 3 stories and sang O Canada, just like at a hockey game.  He sang a few lines just to tell what the voice sounded like on the intercom... "O Canada, our home is made of land..."  He looked so handsome and grown up today, I am so proud of him.  I was so happy he was home, we even did 4 puzzles, played 3 games and had a "nap" on his bed, complete with snuggles.  Boy do I wish Kindergarten would last forever (OK, tears again)

No comments:

Post a Comment