Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Brady's Next Birthday Party

It's only September, and Brady's birthday is in March, but we often will talk about what the next party theme will be.  OK so I'm a teacher, so yes we do theme parties (I'm not the only mom out there who does)  We've done princess (Jayme's 3rd - before we knew that she's not a "princess girl"), we've done Clifford, quadding, barn theme, just to name a few.  So the kids are always thinking about what the next theme will be, they get to pick (sort of) now that they're older.  Jayme wanted Spiderman, but I convinced her that a "Craft Party" would be much more fun, and girl appropriate.  So Brady had a great idea today for his next party.... it will be a Surprise Party.  He comes to me and says: "I want a surprise party for my next birthday.  You and I will go out and all my friends will come here while we're gone.  They have to get here before me.  Then Mrs. Moore will be in charge of them and we'll come home and the whole house will be dark, and you'll unlock the door and then turn on the lights and all my friends will yell "Surprise""  Well that's planning... and I thought I was the planner!  I guess I should ask him what day he would like his Surprise Party!

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! What a funny guy.
    Too bad about the teacher...a nice young woman from my church interviewed for the job and didn't get it! I don't know what went wrong there, she seems super! Anyway, I hope it gets sorted out soon, poor Brady and poor YOU!

    ReplyDelete