Monday, October 29, 2012

We love Carter

Well we are home and things are going quite well.  We seem to have been blessed with quite a content little guy.  Of course having a new baby around is an adjustment no matter how good they are.  The kiddos are adjusting in each of their own ways as well.  I did not anticipate what that might look like this time around and I'm finding myself surprised at the different needs of kids at older ages.  Carter needs me physically but the others (especially the girls) need me emotionally.  There have definitely been moments where I've felt completely drained.

The kids came to the hospital the evening that Carter was born and they were so excited to meet him! 
Jayme was the first to hold him and nothing says "I love you big Sis" like having his first poop ever on her lap!
Brady was super pumped to have a brother. He said many times during the pregnancy that he hoped for a boy, but was prepared for ANOTHER sister!
Nicole started trying to rock Carter right away and asked if she could carry him around!   She came up to me in my bed and hugged me and said "Congratulations on the birth of your new baby"  What a funny girl she is!

We're so thankful for our little guy, we feel so blessed and overwhelmed at God's goodness to us.



2 comments:

  1. Oh he's so cute and I can't wait to meet him! What a great addition to your family! Hope to talk to you soon. Haven't had a chance to call and the 2 hour time change throws me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! What a cutie! We are going to be in Winnipeg for Christmas and would love to meet the newest addition. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete