Friday, November 28, 2008

They Say the Cutest Things

One of my favourite things about a baby getting bigger is when they start to say things on their own.  Nicole has been amazing at repeating (yes sometimes too amazing) but now the cuteness continues with her coming up with her own things to say.  On Monday Mark was eating a fudgsicle and she looked at him and said "Please Mark.  Please?  Please Mark."  On Tuesday Brady learned a new song and sang it non-stop for what felt like 3 hours and finally at supper time she looked at him and said "quiet Bady"  My feelings exactly.  His song was about a pony, skinny and bony, that had an unfortunate mishap at the park, in the morning I reminded him that this was not an appropriate Wee College song so he said he would only sing it in his head.  After Wee College I asked if he remembered NOT to sing the song, and he proudly answered that he only sang it in his head and smiled to himself all morning.  On Wednesday Nicoley started using "Oh yes" in many different situations... with an emphasis on the 'yes'... "play Pey-Pey?  Oh yes" (Pey-Pey is her little buddy actually named Peyton)  then when extra ham showed up on her plate she looked down and said  "Oh yes"  Now I have fun asking her if she loves Mommy, because the answer is always "Oh yes".   If you tell her how cute or pretty she is, my vain little girlie answers "I know"
And Jayme too is so very cute, I know I often leave her out of this blog... only because I don't want her to think I'm making fun of her, a grade two-er can be quite sensitive about such matters.  Jayme's cuteness this week came in the form of a note.  A friend of mine gave us a pair of plaid pants as a hand-me-down for Jayme.  I tried to convince her how cute they were, how old she looked in them, how sassy, how sporty, really anything that may have convinced her to wear them, but she wrote me a note  saying "I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE WEAR THOSE PANTS... EVER"  She made herself clear, we will re-hand-me-down those pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment